It’s finally here, the new and updated Pastelkatto Avatar Creator! All graphics have been redrawn. Some items aren’t that different, some are definitely improved. But of course the biggest change… thanks to WebGL, I can post this to browser! It may load for a little while (a lot of large graphics but I’ve done my best to compress it as much as possible) but once loaded it should run nicely. Note though that WebGL should run well on desktop but may run poorly on mobile devices. If you have an android device, I’d recommend downloading the app from the google play store instead.
App for android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.MissangestAvatarCreator
Ad-free desktop app (mac and windows, only available for supporting patrons): https://www.patreon.com/posts/pastelkatto-ad-70389019
News in this version:
- Tattoos now have one fixed color part and one part that you can color instead of three fixed color options!
- Hands items now have two colors instead of one!
- You can now move some items around. If you lose track of the original position of the item, you can reset the position and it will snap back to the original spot. The reset all button will also reset position for all items.
- There’s 8 new items. I planned to put in more but given that this game release is over 8 months late… yeah, I decided to put focus on finishing redrawing everything instead. More items to come in future updates!
In game issues that I will fix in future versions:
- Outline is too thick on the first hair items. Outline is too thick for the beards.
- Separate piercings and tattoos to separate pages, big tattoo update??
- The randomizer will be optimized to have less crazy results. It tends to put on every type of item now which are quite a lot on the screen at once.
- Fix sword graphic, fix horn graphics. These items gets cut off by the edges. When you move the sword you’ll see the edge of the graphic, for this same reason I did not put in a move function on the horns. It’s a bit more complicated for me to fix than it may look like. I need time to find a good way to measure the size of these graphics so they’re all placed properly in game. I didn’t have that time now as I needed to finish the game, but I’ll be able to for a future update!
- (may not be fixed) I want to update the move arrows so you can hold them down to move the items. This may seem like a simple thing but it’s surprisingly complicated to achieve. Unity doesn’t have a built in “hold” function, you have to code that yourself. I tried to solve this myself but messed up the code so badly that unity crashed upon testing… So I decided to save that for a future update. BUT, I can’t promise that I’ll be able to solve it, I’ll try though because I’d really like to fix it. Until then you’ll have to button mash if you want to move your items very far. 😂
Updates (if you don’t see these updates in game, clear your cache!):
- 2022-08-14: Last nose option was applying the wrong one, this has been fixed!
If you have issues with this game or the website, please read the “News and known issues”-page before you send your bug report! It will help me greatly when I try to help you 😊